* BOOK NOW *
ASPIRO Training courses are available to book NOW
Recruitment training for Employers & Line Managers (candidates with a lived experience of mental ill health)
This four hour course is perfect for line managers and employers interested in tapping into a pool of talent often overlooked: people recovering from mental ill health. The aims and objectives of this participatory course are:-
- To identify benefits of recruiting someone with experience of mental ill health
- To bust the myths relating to employing people with experience of mental ill health
- To identify potential ‘Reasonable Adjustments’
- To review the recruitment process.
- To clarify the difference between Positive Action & Positive Discrimination.
- To review legislation regarding disclosure of mental ill health and how to respond to self-disclosure.
-To explore ways to show your commitment to recruiting people with an experience of mental ill health.
Mental Health Awareness
In this half day introductory course you will learn about different mental health conditions, the common symptoms, treatments and the Mental Health Recovery model. For absolute beginners and participants with a basic knowledge, this will enhance your know-how and help you to feel more confident working with adults who have a lived experience of mental ill health.
Personality Disorder Awareness
In this half-day introductory course participants will learn about the different types of personality disorder and how they affect those who live with these conditions. In particular, it aims to break down stigma by looking at some of the stereotypes and myths. It is primarily targeted at those who provide services to someone with a personality disorder as a toolkit to enhance their understanding of the needs of their client(s).
These half-day modules for customers of Aspiro are intended to build some of the necessary skills when looking for paid employment.
The workshops are participatory and we encourage input and discussion as well getting involved in practical exercises to practice the new skills.
- CV Writing
- Interview Skills
- Disclosing your mental health to Employers